Aftercare Instructions Aftercare is crucial. It is important to follow these instructions for the full 10 day healing period to ensure proper healing and colour retention. Results will vary for all individuals and we cannot guarantee results.
What To Expect:
• Do not expect your brow tattoo to heal perfectly the first session. This is a 2, sometimes multiple step process.
• BE PATIENT: During your first 2 week healing process, your brows will change and appear different from day to day. THIS IS COMPLETELY NORMAL.
• Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear darker and bolder in colour and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing takes place. The treated area may feel like a sunburn but there should be minimal discomfort.
• During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing. If there is some scabbing or flaking of the skin, DO NOT PICK, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on it’s own.
• The complete healing process takes around 6 to 8 weeks. When this process is complete, the true colour of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. It is after these 6-8 weeks that your touch up can be done.
• You may experience itchiness in the brows after 10 days and up to 2 months after the procedure due to the healing of the dermal layer • Not everyone heals the same. People with oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while people with drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined
What To Do:
• Use saline wipes or cotton pads with luke warm water to gently clean your brows every couple hours for the first 2 days after the procedure • After the 24 to 48 hour healing period, stop touching your brows and let them dry heal for the next 10 days or until all the flakes have fallen off naturally.
What Not To Do: • You can shower and bathe normally, but avoid getting any soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the tattooed area for the first five days as they can cause damage to the bonding process that must take place for for the pigment to integrate into the dermis.
• DO NOT soak soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly on your face for two weeks.
• NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks. • NO exercising or sweating for a few days prior to getting tattooed and for one week afterwards.
• DO NOT apply makeup to the area for the first 2 weeks.
• DO NOT use vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
• DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month after the procedure.
• DO NOT apply anti-acne products or lightening creams to the area while healing
• DO NOT apply anti-aging products containing Alpha Hydrocyls, Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
• DO NOT thread, wax or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
• DO NOT get massages, facials or skin treatments during the healing process
DO NOT PICK or SCRATCH at the dry skin or flakiness. Let the skin fall off naturally. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared.
Within 2-3 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
• This is a two step process. The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
• Permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp on darker skinned clients compared to lighter skinned clients.
• The first touch up is done within the first 2 to 3 months after the first session.
• Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
Long Term Care:
• THERE IS NO GUARANTEED RESULTS. Everyone’s results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle and the initial 10 day care and long term care of your brow tattoo
• Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows. As with any tattoo, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the colour of your brow tattoo. • DO NOT use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will cause them to fade faster.
• DO NOT laser your brow area. Some lasers may change the colour of the ink.
• As the tattoo fades, the strokes will become fainter and less defined. • Maintenance is necessary to maintain desired results. Additional touch ups are done on average every 9-12 months to maintain your brow tattoo.
• Microbladed eyebrows typically last 1-3 years